Step 3: Enabling access to the OttoFleet Portal
After completing “Step 1 – Setting up your Otto Account for the OttoFleet Tracking and Reporting Service”, and “Step 2 - Setting up the OttoFleet Service Subscription”, this step provides you with information on how to configure your iPhone OttoFleet Mobile application with the URL and Authentication Code, and how to enable access to the OFMS portal, which will allow you to view location information and to create trip reports based on the trip information captured by the OttoFleet web server.
- Within 24 hours of your request for a Test and Validation one-week trial of the OttoFleet service, you will receive an email from
with the following information:
- Verification of Otto Account email address.
- URL: www.myottofleet.com/OFMS-Portal
- Authentication Code: “9 digit unique code”.
- Launch the OttoFleet mobile application on your iPhone.
- Make sure that you have already created your Otto Account and that you are currently signed in.
- If you have not created the Otto Account, follow the instructions in “Step 1 – Setting up your Otto Account for the OttoFleet Tracking and Reporting Service”.
- If you are not already logged in to the Otto Account, do so now with the email address and password that you created when you set up your account.
- If you forgot your password, go to: http://www.myottomobile.com/passwordreset.html to reset your password.
- Go to MyOtto (bottom menu, right hand side).
- Select Heartbeat.
- Select Enabled – ON.
- Select the desired frequency of heartbeats (how often information is sent from your iPhone to the OFMS Portal) Enabled – Default time is 2 minutes
- Enter the URL exactly as shown: www.myottofleet.com/OFMS-Portal.
- Enter the following Authentication Code: 1234567879: (enter account specific code provided in the email)
- Please note that this Authentication Code is unique and must be entered exactly as shown. If this code is not correctly entered, the information from your iPhone will not be accepted by the OFMS-Portal.
- After entering the URL and Authentication Code and enabling the Heartbeat, your iPhone OttoFleet Mobile application will now transmit data to the OttoFleet web server.
- Browse to the following URL: http://www.myottofleet.com/OFMS-Portal/ (you can also access the portal by browsing to http://www.myottofleet.com and clicking on the ”Enter” icon.
- Use the credentials for User ID and Password provided in the response email to access the location tracking and trip reporting functionality for this service.
You are now registered, activated and have a one week trial subscription to the OttoFleet service. The trial subscription will end 7 days from the date of activation. NOTE: proceeding with the trial service and any follow-on monthly subscription, you agree to the Terms and Conditions provided in the response email.
This document is also available in PDF format. Click here to download the document.